Sunday, October 25, 2009

Healthy at Last

Finally!!!! H1N1(at least that's what we're blaming it on and the pediatrician's diagnosis) has left the building. One of the strangest illnesses that we've ever encountered. Kids have missed a total of 8 days of school and just when we thought they were getting better, fevers returned. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we are golden for the rest of the year for sickness..In happier news, Quinnie went to a Halloween party at her friend Hailie's house(they are in kindergarten together)and Cooper and I had some mama and son time.We had lunch and went to the mall to buy some Webkinz with his birthday money. It was nice to spend some one on one time with him. today,Quinnie also went to play and have dinner at her friend McKenna's-(God Bless you Kim!!) and Cooper was able to play with his friend Jaxon too-which means I had a little break since Ron is working a 24 hour call.
here is my cute little mermaid on her way to the party Wondering why my cabinets look like they are striped? hmmm........what's up with that???

The weather here has been so yucky this month so we have spent a lot of time indoors. The kids have been playing together a lot and Cooper has been such a great big brother.Don't get me wrong, they still fight but they seem to be playing together so nice. I sneaked in and took a few pics of them playing with Legos to commemorate because next week it could be fist city!

We also took the kids to the Science Museum on Saturday...along with 4000 girls for the Girls in Science weekend!Add that to the hundreds of CLUELESS families who showed up too.It was insane. I was ready to have a martini!!..We lasted an hour and good thing we had a pass because I would have been miffed if I had paid to get in. The parking garage was full-REALLY! We drove to the end of it(a first) and had to turn around along with other cars. We asked the teenage attendant if there was other parking available. His response"I guess wherever you can find" so Ron said"Thanks, that's so helpful!"-sheesh- what a tool!-We ended up parking on the street with a meter.We promised the kids we would go back soon, but we will ALWAYS check the website first. I do love this shot, though, of Ron explaining what molecules are(he was a chemistry major after all).....hope they inherit his science gene because I don't think I have one.

And here is a photo of my poor Quinnie who has missed the last 3 days of school.Who I bought hot cocoa and marshmallows for and Halloween Oreos for.Don't you know hot cocoa makes fever go away?? When they are sick they get everything(almost)what they want-at least treat wise.




1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Q looks soo cute in her mermaid outfit! The science museum must have been a mad house! Hope that the sickness is gone for us as well!!! ;)