Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School

A big day in our household took place today. Both kids are in school.I'm so excited for them and not that sad because really, it's the natural order of things.Talk to me when they are in high school-then I might cry!Plus, I've been blessed to stay home with them for the past 8 years so I feel like we have spent ample time together. Cooper is now a second grader and Quinn started kindergarten which is all day every day. Cooper is a little blase' about it all. He's a little bummed because all of his close pals are in the OTHER class.He said his teacher was really nice though. Quinn:she SKIPPED into the classroom-seriously.She was sooo excited.No tears, super confident-I think she's ready.I met some of the moms from school for coffee that lasted 2 hours!!It was nice to catch up and meet some new moms too. Ron was off from work today so it was extra special to have him go to school with us.We spent the rest of the day grocery shopping and buying mulch. Exciting stuff, right??We picked the kids up in the Jeep(top down of course) and took them to have ice cream and hear all about their day.Quinn met a new friend named Molly who sits at her table She learned alot of new rules today and quiet time was "fun" because they played "relaxing music". I'm shocked she could be quiet for that long.Cooper was excited to see his buddies at lunch and recess.They started a new season of "Annie Annie Over"(some recess game with a ball that they played all last year) I told him it was good to branch out and get to know some of the kids who have never been in class with him. He also said the teacher said he will have homework every night!Yikes-not sure if I'm ready for that.I have filled out about 25 pieces of paper with more to come I'm sure.Trying to get my calendar organized. It's looking a little full. Up this week, soccer practice(twice),a soccer game, and dance.
My second grader
My kindergartner

Posing with Dad- We get the morning sun...next year we're in the backyard!!Loving the harsh sunlight/shadows-sigh!


Like an old pro



Q and her friend; aren't they the cutest in their uniforms??


Ice cream after school






Dad reading a bedtime story to both-this is a rarity.Both kids together. Cooper usually reads to us and one of us reads to Quinn. A little blurry but I was trying to keep it on the down low!







2 comments:

sarah said...

ok. first of all ... i'm totally with you on just being excited for them going to school because they are excited and not too emotional. also ... they are too cute in their uniforms. AND ... cold stone ... YUM! i was going to take them there. but ... football is our life right now and that leaves no time for fun ;) HA!
thursday would work great.
whatcha thinkin?

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh, Q looks sooo cute in her uniform!!! Love that morning sun too!!! ;) Oh boy. What did you do with your day???