Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ole' Ole' Ole' Amigos

We just returned from a wonderfully relaxing trip to the Mayan Riviera. The only outing was to Tulum(ruins of the Mayan civilization) and then went into Playa del Carmen(the nearest town)for dinner twice. We relaxed by the pool and beach for basically 3 days straight from 9-5. I read 3 books!!! Met a new friend who's husband was attending the same conference, so we hung out with the kids. we are both Southereners.....and had such a great time talking and am just bummed that she lives in North Carolina.Of course we should have snapped a photo of the two of us but didn't. We're even talking about meeting up at another conference next fall. The trip home took forever-delayed flights, crowded airports-but the kids were awesome travellers.Many times people remarked how well behaved they were. So proud of my two world travellers.Ron and I were the ones getting cranky. Bear with me,there are lots of photos in this post......

the beautiful bathroom...I want this at home please...... the casita.....
golf carts took you all over the property.Cooper and Quinn loved riding in these of course It's very spread out.


Had a few of these ;)




the conference put on a reception on the grounds of the hotel



Cooper and Quinn and their new friends..Davis, Gage, and Truman haging out under the cocktail table







The beautiful beach at the Fairmont








Gage, Quinn, and Coop on the waterslide. This will be probably be what they remember most about the entire trip....they must have gone down it hundreds of times.






restaraunt in Playa....we know we look like dorks....










Playing with friends










Outside our casita...love all the flora

I can't say enough great things about the Fairmont Mayakoba. Some of the nicest staff I have ever encountered.The facilities were top notch. It's not an all inclusive so it wasn't party central. The only thing I regret was not going to the spa. Heather said it that it was fabulous so I'm kind of kicking myself for not going. Now it's back to freezing temperatures, putting the laundry away, and school for the kids. it's wonderful to go on vacation but it's always nice to come back home too and sleep in your own bed. Bring it on ,Christmas.......I'm ready!!!!!!








1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Erik and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fairmont Hotels. We think they are the best! That one looks no different!! Totally needed to get to the spa myself...;)