Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

after a hectic week, we enjoyed a low key Christmas...Ron worked Christmas eve-plus the iffy weather ruled out a trip to South Dakota. The kids played out in the snow(there was alot to play in)we went to the children's mass,we made Christmas cookies and discovered baking is not our forte',but the kids had a blast and Ron cooked the best turkey breast-(from Whole Foods). we used the good china and crystal that collects dust 364 days of the year.We put the kids to bed and watched a movie. This was our first year where we had NOTHING to assemble.....Christmas morning Cooper woke me up at 6:30am saying he couldn't sleep anymore-he was so excited....we made him wait until 7 and then we all went downstairs...we heard lots of proclomations that this was the "best Christmas ever", we made french toast for breakfast and the kids played with their toys...I was in my pjs until 4pm. We talked to our families and had a nice Christmas dinner with more playing outside in the snow. Quinn said"Mommy, I didn't know you had snow pants!"Guess I need to go outside more. I also did discover that I have no snow boots and snow gloves.Need to try and find some. Threw my old ones out last year and forgot to buy new ones. oops!!So I guess I should say Ron played with the kids outside.We really enjoyed hanging out at the house for a few days with no big agenda...just the four of us surrounded by a ton of snow.



























2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh that was some serious fun! Love that you made a snow man...we went out today and it was junk snow. Horrid snowman we made this year!

Looks like the boys got the same game for Christmas so I see Madden 10 in our future. Too bad the Wii got dropped off for a cleaning today....

Merry Christmas!!!

sarah said...

how fun! there is a part of me that really thinks staying home and having a quiet snowy christmas would be really fun!!