Sunday, May 31, 2009

Soccer Tournament, Birthday Parties, and an Anniversary

We also had many activities besides dance keeping us busy the past few days. On Thursday, Quinn had a playdate with her friend McKenna so Ron and I headed to downtown Minneapolis on a whim. We decided to eat lunch outside at McCormick and Scmick's to celebrate our ten year anniversary.!) 10 YEARS!!!It has gone by so fast.(Well, except for our 2 years in Oklahoma) We tried in vain to get a sitter for Saturday night but all were busy.It actually worked out great because it was fun to sit outside in the warm sunshine and share a bottle of Sancerre wine(my favorite)and have some great seafood and coversation sans kids.We also popped over to Surdyk's and moseyed around the store stocking up on summer wines. It was a fun and relaxing way to celebrate 10 years together. We ended up getting my anniversary present and I gave him guitar lessons but HE will have to pick out a guitar. Just as long as he doesn't want to start a band ;-) We grilled out with good friends on Thursay evening just because the weather was beautiful. So spontaneous and so much fun. Friday night Cooper went to "the best birthday party ever" -a carnival theme party where they received prize tickets and were able to redeem then at the prize table.Saturday, he had a soccer tournament(an intro to travelling soccer)and then had another party in the afternoon. This one was a fishing party. When he told me all the cool, creative, games they played-I'm think I have to bring my "A" game when planning his next birthday party.I'll have to get a little more creative. As if that wasn't enough Quinn's next door neighbor had a princess/pirate birthday bash. Quinnie had a blast hanging out with all the princesses and pirates. Sunday is all about cleaning, working out with my bud Lois(who never lets me slack off) and enjoying the sunshine.


1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Whew..I am tired just reading all that...Quinn looked soo cute in her pricess outfit...I was the one that sent her home for a jacket...she had little goose bumps on her belly...;) It was windy!!!