Monday, May 25, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun


One of my closest friends from Louisiana came up for a visit over the weekend.It's been over a decade since her last visit. Friday night we hung out in the basement drinking wine and talking until 1 am. I know I've made some wonderful friends here in Minnesota but it's so nice to have a friend who shares so much history with you. There's so much you just don't have to explain when you've known someone for 20 years.We talk on the phone of course but it's so much more fun to hang out face to face. Saturday we went shopping at Mall of America-mainly Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. Since she lived in Seattle for 10 years she misses these stores(don't have them in Louisiana!) Saturday night I gathered some of my friends and we all went out to dinner at a French restaraunt called Salut. Had great conversation and some martinis. Stopped off at a place close to home to dance and burn off some calories from dinner. K, was that you taking those pics??(Those pics will not be posted on the blog!)Sunday-after we got our energy back(ha ha) we made our way over to Anthropologie and Hot Mama. My friend had to buy a suitcase to bring back all her loot. I think what I'll remember most was how much we laughed all weekend long. Sad to see her leave but I know she was ready to get back to her 3 year old little boy. Also, I'm giving a huge shout out to my husband who was basically single parenting this weekend and for letting me shop(cause I don't shop enough as it is(that's a big fat lie ;-) I think my kids are happy to have me around too. I'm usually with them 24/7. I think they missed me... So looking foward to seeing her in July when I go home to Louisiana. Can't wait!!
























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time! I love meeting your friends from home. Can't wait for LA next summer and see your old stomping grounds! Selitha needs to come back too :)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like you guys all had a great time...I love Salut...sooo nice!

You know that they are putting Nordstom Rack in Maple Grove right...that will be sooo exciting!

Your Louisiana trip will be a blast...what will Jaxon and Mason do for that long????