Saturday, August 28, 2010

Slowly But Surely

Cooper had his tonsils out five days ago. After many bouts of tonsillitis that were happening with increasing frequency,we decided they had to go. Hoping this year he won't miss 10 days of school. I can't even begin to describe the the nervousness and sleeplessness that a parent feels the night before a child's surgery ..I was a walking zombie too in the days following ..Got to give those pain meds at midnight and 4 am. Poor little guy, he did so well. We received excellent treatment from everyone at the hospital(it helps when your husband knows the OR staff-ha ha ha). On day 5 he started having an appetite and he had a little zest again. He was even able to play the Wii a few times with his friend. The weirdest thing of all is that it took him four days to speak. My child is a talker...all day long I hear all sorts of amazing info (and some not so amazing too) I really missed hearing "Mama, Mama..guess what???" Plus, we missed a beautiful week which might have included swimming and going bowling with friends.I was able to get lots done around the house though and managed to sneak off to the gym. Luckily, I sent Quinn to our school's summer day care program the whole week so she wasn't stuck at home. She went to Cascade Bay waterpark and Crystal Cave where she saw bats and was able to see a bunch of friends from school. We walked in and I heard a 6 year old girl group squeal of "QUINNIE!!!!!!" She was in hog heaven. I am hoping we have turned the corner of recovery because we need to pack alot of fun things into this upcoming week before school starts. I want Coop to end his summer on a high note.

Day 1..post surgery
Day 6..a little spark is starting to come back

No comments: