Friday, August 20, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football???

I'm not sure if I am. Cooper had his first football practice(he missed the first two because we were in South Dakota). Getting him all suited up was a 20 min ordeal. Although I thought he looked so cute..in a tough, menacing football way of course. So much gear to put on. He is so excited but I was so nervous. My friend said at one of the practices a whole bunch of the boys were near tears because it is so intense and her son bruised his finger the first night. We will be having 3 practices a week and they are 2 hours long.Yikes! I am happy to report that Cooper thoroughly enjoyed learning the correct way to tackle, and defense drills. When we picked him up he was smiling and talked nonstop about how cool it was. I can rest a little easy now that we have that first practice under our belt..looking foward to experiencing a new sport this fall.

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

They do look tough!!! I love their little practice jerseys, those a great!

Way to go Coop..make some tackles!!

Sonya said...

thanks..he is excited to wear the purple jersey you loaned us too. Excited to hear how soccer will go..