Monday, November 9, 2009

Odds and Ends

After Halloween the camera has been collecting cobwebs so I thought I'd just do a random catch up.

Cooper started a soccer winter academy on Monday evenings. It's basically to work on skills and such in the off season. A few of his friends are doing it too so that makes it more fun.Hope it will help him prepare for summer 2010 travelling soccer.He's going to try basketball too this winter. School is fun and he seems to have lots of friends and academically seems to be right on track. Guess we'll find out for sure at our upcoming parent teacher conference.

Quinn moved up to Middle 5s at her swim school.She will start it in January. It is a 45 min class and they call it jr. swim team. She has to wear a one piece racing suit(no more cutesy bikinis, at least at swim class))so I'm on the hunt for the cutest one I can find.I love that she is such a good swimmer, because I am so NOT!She is still loving school and all her friends she has made. She also has her first Daisy Scout meeting this week.It's mind boggling that she is almost six. She even told me who her boyfriend is-Tyler!!! Of course he's a second grader!!!

I am slowly getting back into running, been slacking off but I am perparing to run the Turkey Trot 5k in my hometown with Cooper, my dad,my niece, and my cousin.I haven't been a total couch potato though. I have been doing exercise classes and finally tried fitness yoga..which I loved. It is really hard and a tough workout. I was sore for 3 days afterward.

I also scrapbooked(Finally!!!), went on a walk and had lunches with a couple of friends... in between errand running and chores!

Ron and I had a fun lunch Friday and did a little shopping. We were invited to the Children's Hospital Gala, which is black tie....We have not been to a black tie event in 7 years!!! So I made him go dress and shoe shopping. For the men, so easy just rent a tux....me a different story...found a pretty dress though.Friday night I went out with some girls. First we went to my friend's house and had a blast there and then headed to a local nightclub to hear an 80s cover band...eighties rock. I must be getting old because I preferred hanging out at her house to a nightclub...although it was priceless watching my friend dance on stage with the band.I was smart and headed home about 10:45...they were out until 1:30!!! And feeling a little"tired".Here is a pic of some of us... (yes that would be bottle service at a suburban bar...yes I about died laughing!!$120 for a bottle of Smirnoff-puhleez!!I drank my Grey Goose than you very much.But I chipped in so I could have a place to sit.

The rest of the beautiful weekend involved repainting the kids bath, lots of outdoor fun and laundry laundry laundry!!

2 comments:

sarah said...

your little profile pic is very cute!
also .. i'm anxious to see your dress you got!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Sounds like so much fun! Jaxon wanted Basketball too but can't do it with hockey. It is soo sad ;( Quinn has a boyfriend...Mason WILL BE devistated!!! ;)