Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Fun

We had fun filled week in July(17-23) when my parents and my brother and his family came up from Louisiana to visit us. I think the thing they enjoyed most was being able to sit outside and enjoy the weather... Louisiana in the summertime is brutal!!! so we spent lots of time on my porch and deck. The first day they arrived we welcomed them by having tornado sirens blaring so they were able to spend time in my basement storage room then the weather cleared and we had a bonfire with s'mores

we took everybody to the lake..a little cloudy but very warm, lots of jet skiing and Crystal and Max kneeboarded(and could barely walk the next day)

the boys went to the Twins game and the girls went shopping and out to dinner


the cousins played so well and had so much fun..they picked up right where they left off at Thanksgiving




we went to Bunker Beach

and had ice cream of course

We went to Valleyfair..it's been over a decade for me and I forgot how much fun it is there. Cooper was old enough(and tall enough) to ride everything and we rode every roller coaster along with my niece ,brother, SIL, and my Dad even rode the coasters(he's 61-go Pop!). Quinnie enjoyed the little kiddie rides...need to go back one more time before summer ends and bring Ron
We also had dinner at Barrio(grown ups only)and my dad took the kids for bike rides and we went to the park and just enjoyed spending time together. Looking foward to seeing them all at Christmas








1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Great recap!!! We have to take the boys to Valleyfair...;)